1. Land-between-the-lakes (LBL) hunt on the KY side from October 1-9 for whitetail deer and Turkey. Thousands of acres of prime country to hunt. There are cabins for rent but also tent camping available, and unbelievable cooking! Contact Mark Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested - pretty high capacity and the cabins are full already.
2. Northern PA deer hunt with Tim Denial and the Mercer county bowbenders come experience the hardwoods of PA with Tim Denial and friends in mid-late October. Stay at a nice campground with showers and hunt thousands of acres with Tim. Contact Tim Denial at email@example.com if interested.
3. COLBY FARQUHAR is planning on grabbing a non-resident license for Arkansas this fall, and spending a few days hunting deer/bear in the Ozark national forest near Fort smith, AR. This will be a new area for him, so it may be a complete bust. But he wanted to put the invite out there if any other PBS members were interested in joining him for an exploratory hunt and some comraderie around a campfire, sometime in the first 10 days or so of October? You can stay and hunt as long as you want to, and there is a ton of public ground in the state. A 5 day non-res license is good for deer, and is $180, a non-res annual runs through June 30, is good for deer/bear/spring turkey, etc and is $350. HIS EMAIL IS OK_CAVEMAN@YAHOO.COM
4. Blue Ridge VA hunt for whitetail deer, turkey and black bear - usually runs for a week towards the end of October. Many thousands of acres of hardwood ridges to hunt, it helps to be in decent shape for this hunt. Randy Brookshier hosts this annual hunt and does all the cooking, which is awesome and not for those on a diet; contact Randy at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Size limit is usually around 10 hunters.
5. Blackbeard Island GA hunt for deer and hogs - this is the nation’s oldest organized archery hunt on an island with ancient oaks, Spanish moss, giant rattlesnakes, big gators and lots of history. The deer are tiny but still fun to hunt, there were plenty of hogs for the 2021 hunt and the weather is usually pleasant. This hunt is usually the first full weekend in December (arrive and scout on Wednesday, hunt Thursday-Saturday, and depart in Sunday), there is no limit on the number of hunters who can join this hunt, and our own Jerry Russell will use his boat to shuttle hunters to/from the island. Contact Matt Schuster at email@example.com to sign up.
6. Arizona Javelina, mule deer and Coues deer from January 1, 2023 until about January 10th or 12th or 14th or whenever folks decide to head home. Rick guarantees warm clear sunny weather......and great food! Contact Rick Wildermuth at Rwildermuth2@cox.net if interested. another classic Membership hunt.
Member Hunt Wall of Fame
PBS members gather for a hunt in South Texas in January 2021. L-R Mike Mitten, Don Parks, Preston Lay, Barry Wensel, Marty McManhon, Ed Downey, Dan Daly
member hunt-arizona january 2020
From the left: Kevin Hall from CA, Mike Pfander - AZ, Quentin VanPelt - ID, Mathew Wilson - NV, AJ Wilson - NV, Anthony Martorana - CA, Jim Johnson - AZ, Mark Stevens - Oregon, Paul Marsden - AZ, and up front is Rick Wildermuth - AZ Ages 23 to 72.